Dr. Mills from California hooked this fish while on his vacation. If you need a well earned break from the stresses of work, then get rejuvenated on a guided fishing trip with Stub Creek Outfitters for a truly adventurous wilderness experience. Fish from the comfort of our 30 foot heated jet boat, and if you like, stop to fish the banks or wade when there is a good run.
Come for just one day - or book 2 or more days guided fishing trips. Stub Creek lodge sets out in the wilderness, 70 miles from the closest town and 5 miles from the nearest road ensuring you will only hear the sounds of nature around you except when cruising the river in our jet boat in search of the best fishing holes. The rustic lodge, just steps from the Salmon River sleeps 12 at 4 to a room.
A typical day with Stub Creek Outfitters would include adventure and relaxation:
Our experienced Idaho fishing guides will gladly customize your fishing experience to fit your abilities, whether you are an avid or novice fisherman, giving you the best opportunity to catch fish. Kids are welcome! With our friendly staff, adventurous fishing, hearty meals, fantastic scenery, abundant wildlife and fun had by all, our guests frequently return to us for their annual Idaho fishing trips.
- Rise and shine to a big breakfast served family style by the camp cook in our cozy cook house or outside at the picnic table under glorious pine trees as you relax to the sounds of the Salmon River. You get to take a vacation away from dishes!
- Get on the jet boat, where our licensed jet boat operator / fishing guide will take you to the best fishing spots sharing their fishing expertise with you. Fish for wily steelhead, trophy trout, ancient sturgeon and many other fish species in which the Scenic Salmon River holds. The only work you will have to do is reel in your fish!
- Return to the Stub Creek Lodge for lunch, or lunch may be served on the jet boat. You can relax while our camp cook prepares your meal.
- After a full day of fishing, rejuvenate with a hearty meal in our cook's cabin along the Salmon River.
- Spend your evenings over a friendly game of horseshoes, a rousing game of cards, or just put your feet up and enjoy the surrounding wilderness sights and sounds.
Stub Creek Outfitters
19 Sunny Lane
Salmon, ID 83467